Saturday, September 28, 2013

For Better or For Worse

Today was one of our better days.  I have never misled anyone to think our marriage was all rainbows and roses, but we do have our moments. 

We got up with laughter as he opened the blinds and said 'hello my black beauty' ... he was talking to the car. o_0  We spent the morning doing our Saturday ritual of cleaning, napping and channel-surfing (that's his thing).  At 1:30p we headed to the YMCA for our water-walking class.  This was the most fun I've had with him in a long time.  We laughed, splashed, raced (our version) and encouraged each other, then showered, got dressed and went to visit a dear friend. 

Typically when things are going well, something happens to throw a wrench in the works, but today ... we bonded, we had fun and we enjoyed the beautiful weather.  It's moments like these that remind me of why I stick with that knucklehead. 

So until we win that lottery jackpot ... All I can do is pray for more days like today.

No comments:

Post a Comment