Wednesday, September 11, 2013

It's foggy inside

Just like my life on a challenging day, my thoughts have become erratic and I have to seize them (write it somewhere) or risk losing the thought <sigh>.

More days than I care to admit I've misplaced something, forgotten something, forgotten a person, place or event, told someone something and forgot what I said (I wouldn't make a good politician at this point ... or would I .... ) or the ever famous ... forgot what it was I-was-just-about-to-do.  That old trick of walking back through the door or retracing your steps stopped working for me a few years ago <bigger sigh>. 

It's funny (to me), but it will be writings, like this, that will preserve my little place in history.  Within my family all of the story-tellers, the keepers of the verbal family history ... have passed on the torch ... but we neglected to keep it lit.  Now we find ourselves doing a 'patch-work' history, connecting via social media (thank goodness) and researching every person that remotely looks like us, has a last name that sounds familiar (or the same as your momma's-daddy's-momma's-daddy's-uncle's-cousin's-daddy's-momma's-daddy (yeah ... we go waaaaaaayyyyy back).  I have enough difficulty remembering day-to-day events!!!

My go-to reason is of course - CHEMOBRAIN.  It has saved me on many occasions and even earned me a hug or two. :)  Unfortunately it isn't a joke and I've learned to laugh about it instead of cry.  It's all a part of that 'new normal' they keep telling me I have to embrace.  Most days ... it sucks ... big time, but I continue doing the crosswords, playing the mind-stimulating games in my down-time and using tons of sticky notes.  The reminder functions on my phone, computer, etc. are great ... when I remember to use them <sigh>.

So now I'm going to start my day ... my hubby will pack my lunch, place my bags by the door, place my cell phone, office keys and pills for the day next to my purse and I guarantee you ... I will get to work, sit at my desk and wonder ... 'Did I put on deodorant?'

No comments:

Post a Comment