Sunday, September 22, 2013

Winning ... (but not like Charlie Sheen)

Had my follow-up appointment Friday.  More pills to take, more tests to perform.  Sometimes I get so tired of taking meds and folks poking & prodding me.  I'm so tired of being in pain, so tired of adjusting my life to accommodate my challenges, so tired of smiling when I don't feel like it on the inside, so tired of not being able to do the things I really want to do.  I'm having my moments of 'I've got to focus on doing better with my health' and then my moments of 'I've got to die from something'. 

Something has got to give.

On a brighter note, I've been called to come out 'retirement' so to speak.  A friend wants me to return to the microphone and hosts his shows.  I'm excited and it's given me another reason to focus on better health and increased activity.  I cannot get on a stage, representing a fitness organization and look like I've never seen the inside of a gym.  My ego won't allow it (thank goodness) and I want this to be a win-win for both of us.

I'm also representing the Triple Negative Breast Cancer Foundation in October at an event called the Fall BRAzaar in Richmond.  I'm honored they thought enough of me to reach out and entrust me with spreading the message, as well as sharing information to educate others.  Again ... another win-win situation.

I'm excited about the Wellness Ambassadors and the upcoming W.E. Family Gathering aka town hall meeting on Oct. 8th and being chosen to represent the project within the Petersburg Wellness Consortium (PWC).  Part of my project is to head up water-walking clubs at the YMCA in Petersburg and the support from the Y has been awesome!!  Another win-win situation.

With all this 'winning' going on I think I can withstand a few more pills, test, poking and prodding as long as it's a 'win-win'.

No comments:

Post a Comment