Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Blue Monday

I always have an extra difficult time on Mondays ... more often lately ... aches, pains, pondering my position in life ... all these things seem to take over my day.  Before I know it ... time to go home ... and still ... I never got myself together.  I head home vowing to do better the next day (smh). 

Tuesday rolls in and I'm humming 'Livin for the Weekend'.  Wednesday hits and I'm ready to pull my hair out, by Thursday ... my body is saying 'It's time for you to retire' and Friday ... 5PM, can't get there fast enough.

Lately I've started to drift more ... lose my focus while at work.  Heaven forbid I have to be in front of the computer ALL DAY ... I will be picking my face up from the keyboard by 11AM.  So I've learned to space out my tasks, get up from the computer more, take short walks .... either down the stairs just outside my door or down the hall.  I go in the empty office and walk around in circles (praying no one walks through the door and wonder what in dee world I'm doing), I stand by the shredder and do tummy tucks while shredding paper ... whatever it takes to rejuvenate me until the end of the business day.

Yup ... Mondays are just evil ... they throw off my entire week.  If only there were some type of drink that could make Mondays all better ...

No comments:

Post a Comment