Saturday, September 14, 2013

Get Away ...

I would so love to really have a weekend in that I'm not doing anything, except what I want to do. 

We recently moved and my spare time has been consumed with unpacking, picture hanging, knick-knack moving, dusting (hate that part) and searching for things I KNOW I should have come across by now.  I try to pace myself, but I can't stand seeing the boxes, the items patiently waiting their turn to be assigned a spot, the mountains of paper and bubble wrap, the constant moving of stuff from one room to another.  I'm just tired.  If I could I'd hire a decorator just to handle all of this, so I could sit back and enjoy the finished product.

Finally felt like I'd accomplished at least one task when the final DVD was placed on its rack.  I celebrated by plopping my body in the recliner and turning the vibrator on high and resisting the temptation to pop open that keepsake bottle of Virginia wine I purchased so long ago (smh).

I have discovered several movies I never watched, several books I never read and an entire bag of clothes ... that I CANNOT WEAR ... that last discovery was very disheartening.  I find myself making mental notes ... now that's a joke ... to get additional shelves for the shelvey-type stuff and promising myself I WILL purchase additional picture frames, mattes, blah, blah, blah.  The majority of the wall pictures have actually made it to the walls and now I'm left with stacks of pictures that would have sat over the fireplace ... IF we had one.  Then there's our military 'wall of honor' and picking just the right space for those pictures.  That has proven to be more of a challenge than I could have ever imagined.  Sooooooooo ... they're 'wall of honor' is the empty space on the dining table.

The home is coming together s-l-o-w-l-y and hubby is even trying to help.  Let's just hope he doesn't sever an artery with that box cutter.  <sigh>


No comments:

Post a Comment