Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Gonna Miss You Man ...

Feeling some kind of way today, a very special friend transitioned early yesterday morning and my heart still hurts.  I didn’t toss and turn last night … just laid there … waiting for sleep to come.  Kept trying to clear my head, but everything seemed to remind me of him.  He will be missed by many, but I wonder do ‘they’ realize the full impact of what has happened.  He was more than a friend, he was Petersburg and he was radio before he was ever on the air.  He made Magic … magic.  He was our voice, our connection, our champion.  He never forgot those he encountered along his journey … even if only for a moment.  He took great pleasure in reminding you of something crazy you might have done, laughing with you … not at you.  He was a gentle spirit with a loving touch, he could wrap you in a warm embrace that made you wish he’d never let go … he was … Home.

The tears I shed now are coupled with smiles and fond memories … of times that I will always cherish.  Your dream will continue.

Many years ago … I wrote a poem … trying to put into words the loss of someone dear to me.  Today I feel it’s worth reading again.  Gonna miss you Man …

A Woman
Like a tree, firmly rooted, being pressed by fierce winds . . . we bend . . .
slightly, yielding . . . but never giving up our ground.
When it becomes too much, we cry out “Why me!” not realizing, not
understanding when we’re told “Don’t worry God has a plan.”
A Plan?!
What kind of plan is this?!
To take away something so dear, so kind, so good to me?
Have I not been faithful? Have I not been true?
What have I done to deserve such misery?
But I must hold my head up and be strong.
I must hide all pain, sorrow and heartache.
Because I am woman.
I am strong. I am immovable.
No matter what fierce winds blow into my life . . . I will not break.
For this is what I’ve been taught.
Because God, in His infinite wisdom . . . allowed me to feel joy
. . . to cry . . . to experience life . . . even in the midst of death . . .
For He made me a woman.
-Raymon/1997

No comments:

Post a Comment