Sunday, November 24, 2013

This Week ...


This week … Thanksgiving … woooooooo.  Finances have a way of making you stick to your new lifestyle.  We can’t afford the type of holiday meal I would L-O-V-E to have.  I guess that’s a good thing, cause we’d be sitting here stuffed out of our minds by 3p, trying to recover for round two.  My biggest challenge will be empty calories.  Most nutritionists suggest you shouldn’t be too hard on yourself during the holidays, but I always end up with feelings of guilt while eating that extra deviled egg.

We’ve already purchased the things we plan to eat for Thanksgiving and after (I think some people really forget they have to eat after the holiday).  Tuesday is ‘Pumpkin Bash’ day and all of us have to prepare something with pumpkin as the ingredient.  I’m baking a pumpkin cake for work (thanks Mel for the easy recipe) and the plan is to enjoy any leftovers on our half day.

My holiday ritual used to be driving from house to house, socializing, sipping, eating and singing a few old songs … after too much sipping.  Now it consists of morning service, me and hubby, in front of the TV, maybe a phone call or two and staying up as late as possible cause I don’t have to be at work the next morning.  And because I don’t have to get up for work, I get really buck wild in the bedroom … I don’t set the alarm clock!!!

I am truly looking forward to these few days off from work.  My time to rest a little, do some things in the home, hit the gym IN THE MORNINGS and remind myself that every day is a day of thanksgiving.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment