Friday, December 13, 2013

Messy Marvin ...

Been feeling (as the kids say) ‘some kinda way’ all week.  Can’t quite put my finger on it, but something is just not right inside.  My emotions have been all over the place and my patience … extremely thin.  My foolishness tolerance levels … ZERO.  Unfortunately someone I care about had to find that out the hard way.  I love to laugh and joke around as much as the next person, but when I’m serious ... I’m serious.  So many times I’ve had to say I don’t have time for foolishness, yet it always seems to find me.  I can sit in my office … ALONE … and foolishness will step into my doorway, call my desk or even better … send me an email or text and it’s always my adult friends.  Depending on what I’m doing I may get sucked in right away, other times it may take a little longer.
One of the best ways to end up in foolishness is to go out of your lane OR deal with someone that doesn’t know how to stay in THEIR lane.  If you ask me to do something … let me do it.  Don’t go around discussing the task with others, allowing them to add their 2 cents, act surprised when the confusion starts and the expect me to be the one to fix it, understand or ‘be nice’.  And me being in a pissy mood does not make the situation any more pleasurable.
Will I apologize for how I responded to the situation? Nope.  You knew I didn’t like messy when you met me … don’t get amnesia now.

No comments:

Post a Comment