Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Are We There Yet ...

Ever have a problem of deciding where to hang what picture?  This, for whatever reason, is really stumping me at this moment.  The pictures have finally made it to the room I've decided to hang them and most have made it to the wall.  As you know, this is a very serious process, as placement of pictures determines how important those in the pictures are in your life <insert sarcastic face here>.  One of the challenges is we lost wall space.  The majority of the pictures hung in the family room ... which we no longer have.  Our current digs … that open concept; combo living/family/dining room is not picture-friendly.  The main issue-Hubby has three huge sofa-sized pictures he has decided will be displayed in the 'living' section of our space.  I have been moved to all other available walls ... even an under-the-breath suggestion was made to move all family pictures to the office.  NOT!!!!
Each day I’ll take inventory, mentally placing the remaining pictures and each day I walk away leaving the pictures as is.  My other challenge is my home-office or as hubby calls it ‘the room with all the unnecessary stuff sitting in boxes and taking up space’.  I keep saying if I can just get bookcases I will begin to organize that space.  I did manage to put up most of my shoes, not happy with how that turned out, but at least I can find them when I need them.  I have so many awesome plans for that office <sigh>.
I have managed to finish the curio cabinet. :o)  Each little shelf has its own items placed ever so gently where they belong.  That has been my one major accomplishment.  I hope to have the dining table cleared off before the holidays … we’ll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment