Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Behind the Door


I am thankful for every day that God allows me to open my eyes, take a breath and begin my journey ... renewed, refreshed and covered by His grace. Those of us diagnosed with breast cancer face many challenges and for me, the greatest challenge is facing the world. Folks don't know what others go through in addition to life's little dramas, but I do know with God all things are possible.
Here's a little peek into my life 'behind the door'.

This is a part of my daily therapy to control my Lymphedema, it's called a Flexi-touch and it mimics the manual therapy performed by a physical therapist.  Most folks see this and immediately feel sorry for me ... which I always find interesting.  Compared to all the other issues I deal with ... this therapy, for me, is considered relaxation. 

Another thing I find funny ... I'm approaching my five year mark with TNBC and no matter how much I talk about breast cancer it seems people don't realize I'm a survivor until I post one of these pictures.  Perhaps I should start walking around looking like I'm on my last leg and in need of help ... NOT!!!!!!  God has been too good to me and I've come through so much in my life that I can't do anything but give Him my best.  That means be grateful for E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G He places in your life.   Praise Him through the good and the bad, not just the good.  We always tend to find Jesus when we're going through and forget about Him when things are smooth.

I know that I need Him to survive and I will never take Him for granted.  I can do ALL THINGS through Christ who strengthens me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment