Friday, October 18, 2013

What To Do

My Pastor preaches this sermon entitled "What to do When You don't Know What to do", it's one of my favorites ... right up there with "What is YOUR Issue?", 'The Butterfly', "Some Noise is Required"  and "Yo Name Used to be Stinky".  He's very animated during his sermons and pulls you right into the story.  I can hear them a million times and each time feel a different way, receive a different message and come away with a different perspective.

About three weeks ago I was diagnosed with heart failure ... I've been trying to work that one out since hearing the results.  I don't know how I'm supposed to feel, act or what I'm supposed to do.  I find a need to tell others only as necessary because I've gotten tired of the 'oh woe is me' looks I'm getting from folks who think they're showing concern.  Don't get me wrong ... I appreciate how much they care about me, but I never have and never will seek sympathy as it relates to my challenges in life.  I want you to continue treating me as you did BEFORE you heard the news.  I am still the same person ... I admit the diagnosis has put a pause in my step, but as I've always said during my journey "I'm not going to let this define me"  and I'm not going to let this dictate my life, control my every action, limit my social life or steal my joy.  I will exercise common sense, but I will not become a recluse.

When I get to the point I need a wheelchair and an oxygen tank I'll be sure to give you a call ... until that time you know where to find me ... in the choir stand, front row, next to the microphone.

No comments:

Post a Comment