Saturday, December 14, 2013

Writer's Block

I have had a very interesting life.  So much so I have been told on numerous occasions I should write a book or a series of books.  It seems EVERYONE that has, what others consider to be, a profound thought is told this same thing (that’s a-hole-helluva-lotta-books).  Years ago I finally got up the nerve to put some of my poetry on paper, but never followed up with a book.  In my head I have always seen my life events play out … like a Stephen King, Irwin Allen, Alfred Hitchcock and now Tyler Perry movie, but I have just never acted on publishing those things.  Many times it was/is because so many people would be hurt or disheartened by what they read in the ‘tell-all’ pages.

The truth is … if the very few people I have allowed, over the years, to be a part of my inner-circle were to join forces … they would have a blockbuster!  I have always been careful NOT to tell everything to one person, just bits-n-pieces here and there with a little extra to those I knew I could trust.  There are some aspects of my life I’m not very proud of and will never tell to anyone … not even in a book, but there are some things – life lessons – I feel could be gleaned from a few moments of my past. 

I’m giving long and careful thought as to how and when I want to begin this writer’s journey.  One thing – I’ll be digging up my old poetry, adding some lovely graphics and putting together two, very short pocket-books.  One will be my ‘sensual’ pieces and the other … I can’t say ‘spiritual’, so I’ll say ‘thoughtful’ pieces.  I also want to look into recording the books using my voice; I have always been told it’s soothing, calming or sensual.  I would love to read to children and older adults.  I know, I know THAT would be the easiest thing to do right away, so that’s the one I’m going to work on along with the pocket-books.  :o)

I want to invest in one of those software programs that will allow me to talk-n-type, because some days I’m really in the mood to dictate, to share an experience, to help someone through a situation, to enlighten someone or just get something off my chest … but have no one to take on that task.  This blogging thing was supposed to be one way of getting my thoughts out of my head and onto ‘paper’, but some days I think it, but just don’t feel like writing it.  Trying to get better about that as well.  

I know one thing I don’t want to become one of those ‘I wish I had done that’ people.  I want to become the person I encourage others to be … the best me I can be.




No comments:

Post a Comment