Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Get Moving ...

I DID IT!!!!
Today I finally moved the computer from the dining room table to the office!  Believe me … that is truly a big step for me.  That means I now have to sit in the office and get it organized.  I’ve been avoiding that task since we started unpacking boxes.  I have also found the bed in the guest bedroom … Goodwill is going to love me this year and the producers of Hoarders won’t be knocking on our door.  Of course the major influence for this project is to get my house ‘visitor ready’.  Even though hubby is not a fan of having people over, I still want the place to look homey if someone manages to get beyond the troll living under the bridge. 

My co-workers gave me lots of entertaining cookware (they know I hold meetings) and serving items.  I’m really looking forward to putting them to use.  After the holidays I plan to stock up on other little household entertaining thingies.  I’ve always wanted people to feel comfortable when they come into my home … hubby … not so much.  I had an awesome inspiring-moment when I was invited to a friend of a friend’s home for my first holiday party.  She was the perfect hostess!!  The house was elegant and H-U-G-E, but still managed to feel cozy.  She welcomed everyone with a warm hug and kiss on the cheek.  She flowed through the room with grace in her lovely red evening dress and hubby was dressed ‘casket-sharp’.  I admired how she made everyone feel right at home.  I could tell each guest felt equally loved.  She became my entertaining she-ro. 


Now I don’t have to have everything she has … I just want an ounce of all that love, warmth and spirit to flow through our home and into all those who honor us by choosing to visit.  My future plans include learning more on the selection of GOOD wine … stay tuned. <3 <3 <3


No comments:

Post a Comment