Sunday, December 15, 2013

Enlarge My Territory ...

1 Chronicles 4:10
New King James Version (NKJV)
10 And Jabez called on the God of Israel saying, “Oh, that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory, that Your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil, that I may not cause pain!” So God granted him what he requested.

Luke 12:48

New King James Version (NKJV)
48 But he who did not know, yet committed things deserving of stripes, shall be beaten with few. For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more.

These two scriptures stick in my mind, but more so this morning, as I sit here listening to the constant noises from above.  We live in a bottom-floor apartment.  Our neighbors upstairs have two very rambunctious children (my hubby swears one is ‘extra-special’) that don’t like to step lightly.  I’m not going to blame the children, I’m blaming the parents.  As the adults in the home, you should be teaching them to respect their surroundings.  This means if you live above someone you and everyone in your household shouldn’t be stomping around like sailors celebrating shore leave!  If it’s not the children, it’s the Mom … who apparently was trying to get all her partying in before her partner returned from deployment.  Every Saturday, like clockwork, we could hear her putting on what had to be extremely high, thick-heeled shoes.  She walks around the bedroom in them, takes them off, lets them drop to the floor as she searches for a different pair.  How do we know that’s what she was doing?  Well we drew this conclusion, because the pattern would continue until finally she (insert assumption here) found a pair.  Then her three friends would come over and join in on the “fun”.  We could always hear them going up the steps and entering the apartment, then the group tap dance would begin.  This little show continued until it was finally time to leave for the club.  Hubby verified the number of friends, as he was compelled to watch them leave one night (he wanted to see who was responsible for disrupting his solitude).  He took great pleasure in describing each one and how they all could use a course in etiquette and dress.  Why the scriptures you ask?  Well … it would be nice to have a home again.  Not just because of the things associated with apartment living, but it’s just something about having your own.  I loved having my own yard, my own deck, my own garage, and my own walls to do with as I pleased … just having something that was mine (and the bank handling the financing).  We’re both older now and I really don’t know what the future holds for us, but I do know our next move would be the most expensive as I don’t plan on lifting NOT ONE FINGER.  So I am reminded to ask God to enlarge my territory and with that I understand comes much responsibility.  I continue to ask God for strength, wisdom and guidance. I continue to ask God to move in my life, equip me to handle those things I will be given and to keep me in His will. 

I have never seen our upstairs neighbors and wouldn’t know them if they walked up and ‘punched me dead in the throat’ (inside joke).  I can only let my imagination run wild, as I continue to listen to the constant noise from above and trust Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment