Thursday, July 17, 2014

What is Your Challenge?

Everyone is into those challenges on Facebook, so I decided to challenge myself and get back on my journey to healthier living. 

Rejoined WW May 28th and have been okay, but not as well as I would like.  Down 9 pounds in WW (11 pounds on myfitnesspal was tracking here before WW).  I realize I’m not as young as I used to be and I can’t do the things I used to do, but … that doesn’t stop me from wishing I could wave my wand and make everything the way I would like.  I’ve made a promised to myself to increase my activity level without putting myself through unnecessary pain.  That has been one of my biggest challenges this past week, that and making smarter food choices.    

So now I’m pushing myself harder, but not too hard :o)  Wednesday was my WW weekly weigh-in day and I made up my mind I would not use it as my cheat day (like I have done in the past).  I continued the rest of my day making smarter choices and got my butt up to exercise after dinner.  Now my promise is more realistic … at least 30 minutes of activity five days a week.  That I can manage better and if I go over … BONUS!   

This morning I woke up, threw on the ‘gear’ and walked with Sansone for a mile at home.  I actually feel pretty good.  And tonight I’m supposed to hit the Y for Zumba … we’ll see how that goes.   Either way, I’m going to make sure I get some activity in before I lay my head on that pillow tonight.   

I am happy and sad to see some of my clothes are already fitting too loosely … not in a position to buy newer stuff right now, but I’m making what I have work. :o)  Improved health, fewer pills and less of me in the mirror are what I’m striving for and I won’t stop until I accomplish those goals. 
Moving forward in faith!   

No comments:

Post a Comment