Thursday, July 31, 2014

Weigh-In Day 07.30.14

Current Weight Loss: WW=14lbs/MFP=16lbs   Goal Weight Loss: 50lbs  

It’s the day after my WW weigh-in day (reached my first goal weight!!) and I’m still trying to decide if I want to bore you with the details of my journey on a daily or weekly basis.  :o)  I’ve made an extra effort to be more active, instead just collapsing in the recliner after a long day (sigh). This past week I re-introduced myself to the 31 day squat challenge (I’m on Day 5) thanks to my niece in California (The internet and Facebook can be wonderful tools when used for good.). Also, I’ve saved a few Youtube videos from Beautiful Brown Baby’s collection to help keep my work-outs interesting. 
One week until my vacation and I’m planning to hit water aerobics M-W-F and do 30 minutes of cardio on the Nu-step at least 5 days of that week.  I’ll manage to saunter over to the strength training side for some light upper-body work to finish things off.

My biggest obstacles this past week were my body hurting from trying to test out new exercises and trying to get enough rest.  Seems like since finishing my treatments for TNBC, trying to get back on track has been a major undertaking.  Something seems to always happen to halt my progress or seriously slow me down.  Trying to be extra careful NOT to fall into that pit, so I’m listening to my body more and making adjustments as needed. 
It really felt good to reach my first goal weight and has given  me an extra boost of motivation. :o)  I also started tracking my measurements last week and am still scanning my old clothes to see what I’d like to use as my inspiration.  I think I may go with the bathing suit that has a really cute animal print up top. ;o>  The squat challenge has given me a few creaks-n-cracks, but I’m breaking them up into morning squats and evening squats to get in the days challenge.  So far, so good. 


These last few weeks have also been a time of trimming in my life as well.  I’ve started making some hard choices and shedding a lot of stressful commitments.  When something I love to do becomes more of chore to do it … it’s time for something to be cut.  During my vacation I plan to clear my office as well as clear my head of all clutter.  I will practice focusing on only a few projects and giving them 100% of my attention and best efforts. 

Now … let me share with you a little bit of advice for YOUR lifestyle journey if you’re like me (over 50 and dealing with after-effect of your cancer treatments) or if you just need a little bit of encouragement.  We already have a lot of challenges going on, add to it that statistically as we get older it gets more challenging to lose weight after it's gained.  But always remember to move as much as possible, any activity is better than no activity.  Check with area churches, community centers and recreational facilities for FREE or low cost classes.  Learn how to skate, join a dance class (Zumba, Salsa and Belly-dancing are A-W-E-S-O-M-E!), create a home-gym out of things already in your home, little-by-little begin to swap not-so-healthy items for healthier choices, prepare more of your own meals (healthier and saves money), get a group of friends (or a friend) and do it together ... nothing like a friendly competition to keep things going.  Instead of going out for fast-food meal, go out for a short walk or invite friends over and pop in a work-out DVD.  Whatever you decide to do ... don't get discouraged, take your time and just strive to live a healthier life.

Every day is a new day. Never give up.  

No comments:

Post a Comment