Saturday, January 11, 2014

Rapid Cleanse-NOT

It’s a new season. It’s a new day.  A fresh anointing is coming my way.  Beautiful song, I love the lyrics and am trying to apply it to my life now.

One of the things I decided to do over my holiday break was a cleansing.  Nothing so serious that I would have to give up my hubby, friends and a life, but something that would make a ‘difference’.  I ended up selecting a “natural” product called ‘Rapid Cleanse’ and was extremely disappointed.  Again … I didn’t want to spend 7 days sitting on the toilet, but I wanted to see some type of ‘result’ … especially on the scale.  Well I spent 7 days bloated, uncomfortable, crampy and wondering how much fluid was left in my body.  YUP … just a lot of fluid, no got-to-get-up-and-run pooping.  I lost 7 pounds of fluid and gained back 5 the day after I ended the cleanse.  Smh

Anyhoo … the next step to the ‘new season’ is to limit fast food, prepare more meals at home and increase my activity.  This has been a real challenge because I’m always out doing something (leaving little time for a planned activity) and it’s easier just to grab-n-go food, but I’m working on it … baby steps.  This morning’s struggle will be getting hubby out of bed to hit the gym, I count on him for motivation.  I now see that I also need a ‘work-out hubby’ … that guy who will encourage me through my work-out when my ‘at-home hubby’ is not up to it … just thinking outside my head.

As for the ‘Rapid Cleanse’ fiasco … here’s the “skinny” (pun intended) on the product.  I would not recommend anyone plunking down the $30 bucks it costs for this stuff.  Just drink more water mixed with fresh lemon, try to eat your darker veggies, do your turmeric, flax-seed or healthy smoothies and you’ll get the same (but better) results.




Total Body RAPID Cleanse™
  • Simple, fast and effective
  • Soy-free, gluten-free
  • Great pre-diet cleanse
  • 8 grams soluble fiber daily
  • 3-part formula
Total Body RAPID Cleanse™ is a 7-day, deep-acting total-body cleansing and metabolic jumpstart program‡.
Part 1: Detoxify with Deep Liver and Organ Cleanse‡.Contains potent herbal extracts, amino acids and Vitamin C for powerful antioxidant and deep-cleansing support‡. The liver is the most important detoxification organ in the body, and Total Body RAPID Cleanse supports this critical organ with 4 amino acids and 6 herbal extracts‡. 7 herbal extracts are included to support the rapid and deep detoxification of the lungs, lymphatic system, kidneys, skin and blood‡.
Part 2: Capture with Natural Acacia Fiber. Total Body RAPID Cleanse provides 8 grams of soluble fiber daily. For this 7-day, deep-cleansing experience, we have included 100% soluble acacia fiber. Acacia fiber dissolves completely when mixed with water and has no taste or gritty texture. Fiber is a critical component of colon cleansing, as well as organ detoxification and purification‡.
Part 3: Eliminate with Colon Cleanse.Total Body RAPID Cleanse is formulated with magnesium hydroxide (a mineral that helps to hydrate the bowel) as well as cape aloe and rhubarb to promote bowel contractions‡. Triphala, marshmallow and slippery elm are soothing herbs included to comfort the bowel during this critical cleansing step‡.
*This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.


No comments:

Post a Comment