Saturday, October 31, 2015

10.31.15 Trick or Treat?

'Trick or Treat, smell my feet, give me something good to eat!'  ... I can hear my brother DeWayne singing that so loud and clear .  However, as I grew older I also grew out of celebrating Halloween.  I still remember going to Zion Baptist Church on Byrne Street for trick or treating festivities ... Bobbing for Apples was one of the more popular games (can you imagine dunking your face into that 'barrel full of spit' now), Pin the Tail on the Donkey, magic tricks and of course the highlight of the evening ... CANDY!!!!

My children however,  NOPE, NADA, NO!!!  By the time they were up-n-coming, Halloween had become a bit of a challenge.  Creeps putting razor blades in apples, needles in candy and add that to the bully waiting around a corner to take your treats ... I chose to let them have candy at church functions, a trusted friend's home or our home.  Now, Halloween is no big deal to me.  I tried to play along and hand out candy several times, but some kids were not so nice and some kids were just plain greedy.  One year I just sat a big bowl OUTSIDE and refilled as needed (that was a pretty good idea now that I think about it).  It seems like it's more about the adults these days than the kids (LOL).

I was so tempted to purchase a bag of candy yesterday, but I knew once it crossed the Bessix threshold ... it would be done.  I'm trying to get our cupboards & fridge down to more healthier items.  Right now my level of discipline is low and my ability to resist certain temptations is even lower.  If it comes in the house it's going to get eaten, that's my harsh reality at this moment.

My second WW weigh-in was this morning and I was hoping to at least be down a pound.  That's all I was hoping for ... one pound.  Trying to keep my expectations real (not low) and set mini-goals.  Well ... I am DOWN  3.8 POUNDS!!!  If I can get rid of one pound a week I'll be extremely happy.  Anything beyond that ... BONUS.  I admit this past week was not the best for my first official week back at WW, but I'm going to keep on trying, keep on setting goals and keep on moving forward.
2004 Wells Fargo Halloween - The Fire Fairy & the Pirate

No comments:

Post a Comment